Day 1: Nairobi/Sirimon/Judmier Camp(Old Moses Camp)3-4 hrs, 9km, 860m ascentLeave Nairobi at 8 am to Nanyuki town for lunch, taking about 4 hours. Proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs. About 3½ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmier Camp, 3300m for dinner and overnight,Climb up through forest into a wide ridge approach to the summit area. The route starts on the northwest side of the mountain near Nanyuki. Access is adequate and the bunk house facilities are the best on this side of the mountain.
Day 2: Judmier Camp/Shipton Camp6-7hrs, 14km, 900m ascent.After breakfast, follow the track uphill, forkingMount Kenya Summitleft at the junction. After one hour from Old Moses Camp, the track crosses Ontulili River. Go right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North and continue uphill to Mackinders Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the main peaks. Dinner and overnight at Shipton Camp, 4200m.
Day 3: Shipton Camp – acclimatization daySpend the day acclimatizing. Walk to Kami Hut down to Hauseberg Lakes (Hauseberg Tarn and Nanyuki Tarn). Walk back to Shipton for dinner and overnight
Day 4: Shiptons/Point Lenana/Mount Meru Bandas (Chogoria Gate)6 hrs, 14km, 785m ascent.Leave at 2am up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff clearing visible part towards lower Hall Tarns arriving point Lenana at 6:30am, taking about 3hrs. After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos hut, 2hrs, for breakfast and further hrs down to Mount Meru Bandas, 2950m, for dinner and overnight
Day 5: Chogoria Bandas/Chogoria/NairobiDescend 2hr, 15km to forest clearance to catch a transfer vehicle to Chogoria Village where you will connect your Transfer back to Nairobi.
Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Services of a professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Tips, laundry, sleeping bags and drinks
- Climbing gears
- Items of personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
- Training cost and purchase of mountain gear